Friday, January 17, 2014

The Happy Crier

I spent the day home sick. I've actually been sick, but realized last night that I had a sinus infection that was getting worse and worse. After a day of rest, fluids, PM Care, antibiotics, and Disney movies, I am hoping that I will feel better soon.

I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I just laid in bed watching videos on my phone. A few hours later, I decided to watch A Goofy Movie clips. More specifically, Max's musical performances as, and with Powerline. Tears started to stream down my face... out of joy! I was smiling the biggest smile, yet I was crying.

Then after my doctor's appointment, Matt and I stopped at my mom's to let Colonel outside and grab some Disney movies. While we were there, I saw a Ladies Home Journal sitting there, so I picked it up and flipped it open. The first thing I saw was a little Q&A with Sarah Michelle Gellar. She was asked who makes her star struck. Sarah said Kelly Clarkson, followed by really nice words about how down-to-earth she is. I then tried to read it out loud to Matt, but got choked up as I started speaking. It just made me so happy to hear someone say things publicly about Kelly that I've always appreciated. Matt's reaction? "You are really emotional today." Duh.

Just a few minutes ago, my fav singing duo, JillandKate, posted a video of them singing a new song that they just wrote. It's about "a good relationship where people make life easier for each other." It immediately made me think of Matt and I's relationship. Not every second of marriage is sunshine and rainbows, but when it's good... it's really good. I always tell Matt that I'm so thankful that I'm married to my absolute best friend. God, I feel crazy cheesy right now, but it's true. Matt walked over and leaned down near me as I'm laying on the couch listening to the song for the second time, and I STARTED CRYING! I mean, full on, tears streaming down my face, and sniffling.

Today is just a warm fuzzy kind of day, I suppose. And you know what? I don't hate it. I actually LOVE it. Never ever will I be embarrassed that I'm happy about something, because life is a huge struggle sometimes, and I'll take any little pick-me-up that I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment